Bismillaa Hir Rahmaa Nir Raheem
Rab Bish Rah Lee Sadree, Wa Yas Sir Lee Amree,
Wah Lul ‘Uq Da Tham Mil Lisaanee
Yaf Qa Hoo Qawlee
Allaahumma Rab Be Zid Nee Il Maa
Assalaatu Was Salaamu Alaika Ya Rasulallah
Assalaatu Was Salaamu Alaika Ya Habiballah
Assalaatu Was Salaamu Alaika Ya Khaataman nabiy yeen
Wa alaa ‘aalika Wa As Haa Be Ka Ya Rahmatal Lil ‘Aalameen
Theres some time till Ramadan yet but the Sahaba would prepare for Ramadan months before Alhamdulillah.
How to Get the Best out of Ramadan
Just some tips to make the most out of our Ramadan and manage our time.
1. Clean up the time:
a) Telephone: Try to minimize your chat on the telephone. If you are used to chat with your friends on a regular basis, try to make it short. Share with her the importance of this month & tell her that you want to devote yourself for Ibaadah in order to get the maximum reward in this month. Try to share with her these tips.
b) Cooking: Try to cook something simple during Ramadan as this is a month of Ibaadah & Quraan, not a month of food. There are some husbands who push their wifes to cook different varieties of food & sisters have to spend their time in the kitchen. If its very necessary, keep a tape of Quraan in the kitchen & listen to it while you are busy in Kitchen, or keep your toungue moist with the Zikr. [Try to find out some short cut & tips to prepare the food quickly]
C) Shopping: Try to get all your shopping done before Ramadan. Make a list of the things/grocery/ items, that is enough for one month & buy it all together.
Important: Try to do the Eid shopping NOW. The last ten days of Ramadan when we have to be doing more Ibaadah & spend our time in doing good deeds, most of the muslims are busy in doing shopping for Eid & their kids.
Sisters! These ten days, we has to exaggerate ourself in doing more ibaadah & to catch Laila-ul_qadr. Try to make this Ramadan a very different from all the previous ramadaans.
D) Dinner Party/Iftaar: Iftaar parties during ramadan are getting very common now. This is the Month for you sisters. we have the rest of the full year to do parties & to get socialize. Indeed its a great reward to break someone’s fast but try to give food to people who are needy & poor. The prophet Sallalahu alaihi wasallam said,
ï¿½Whoever gives food to a fasting person with which to break his fast, will have a reward equal to his, without it detracting in the slightest from the reward of the fasting person.ï¿½ (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3/171; Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/451).
E) Sleeping: Cut less the time of sleep during this month. Its a month of Ibaadha, doing good deeds. Who knows this could be our last ramadan. try to reduce your sleeping hours. Its only one month & then you can get back to your normal routine.
F) Computer & Internet: this is my personal request.I am spending lot of time on the internet, though visiting Islamic sites & checking & sending emails. Try to spend less time on the internet.
Now when we have cleaned up a big amount of time, lets schedule it for Ibaadhah.
1) Fard: Pray the Obligatory salah on time with Khushoo. Get yourself ready as soon as the salah comes in. Make duaa to Allah to give you Khushoo. & try to get rid of all the thoughts & waswaas that comes in the mind. Think of that you are standing infront of your LORD the Almighty.
2) Sunnah: If you are already praying the 12 sunnah, continue them & add the 2 rak’ah of sunnah after Zuhr. [making them 14 altogether].
The prophet Sallalahu alaihi wasallam said,
ï¿½Whoever maintain 4 rak’ah before Zuhr & 4 rak’ah after zuhr, Allah will make the fire Haram on that person” [Ibn-Majah]
4 rak’ah before Asr: The prophet Sallalahu alaihi wasallam said,
ï¿½may Allah have mercy on him who prays 4 rak’ah before Asr”. [Tirmidi]
Salah Al-Duha: Increase the no. of Rak’ah if you are already in a habit of praying salah al-Duha.
3) Qur’aan: Ramadaan is the month of Quraan. Try to schedule it all the moments you have. If you are working, try to keep a pocket size Quraan with you & read it whenever you get the time,like, coffee break, lunch break, etc
Try to read with reflection. Read slowly in a beautiful voice & reflect on its meaning. Try to read this time, with translation & tafseer.
3) Traweeh & Qiyaam-ul-lail: Try to read the traweeh in the mosque where the Imaam is doing long Qiyaam.
4) Tahajjud: Try to get up little earlier to pray 2 rak’ah & make duaa. Its the best time for making duaa & accepntance of duaa.
5) Du’aa: Write all the duaa you want to make for yourself, your children, family or any duaa that you want to make. Each day try to focus on duaa, & keep on repeating it throughout the day & at times when the duaa is accepted. Make duaa to Allah to give you Ikhlaas, khushoo, make duaa that you catch lailat-ul-Qadr. make duaa for the whole Ummah.
[repeat the duaa that are important to you,during the last ten days of Ramadan]
6) Zikr: Select one zikr for a day & focus on it daily, reflecting on its meaning & thinking about its reward. [ get the Duaa book “Hisn-ul-muslim or hisn-ul haseen from any store]
7) Charity: Try to give as much charity as you can, as the reward gets more during the month of ramadan. Give food to the poor & needy people & help those in need.
8) Last 10 days: Double & triple the amount of Ibaadah you are doing during the last ten days of Ramadan. Sleep less & worship more.. pray as much as you can & make a lot of duaa.